Saturday, May 24, 2008

Moscow man gets new lifejacket


Moscow, Idaho. Longtime resident Jerry "shad" Stubb, known locally as Lifejacket Jerry, seen here in an undated photo, has received a new lifevest from community organizers. Mr Stubb, who has a condition known as "Mushmind", requires wearing a lifejacket at all times. "Ever since I was eight I've had the Sea Legs", said Stubb. His longtime companion, an old boy-scout issued lifejacket that he nicknamed "Mr Highwater", had become so tattered and odiferous that it finally had to be put to rest in early May. "I was sad" Stubb remembers, "I looked at Tri-State for a new one, but there wasn't one that fit me". Stubb is a large man, and locals went into action to find him an appropriate replacement. Last week Stubb was presented the new lifejacket in a ceremony which took place at Ghormley park. "I don't know what to say", said Stubb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a heartwarming story. I would like more information on "mushmind", is it limited to large men and lifejackets?